D15532: [Astyle] Add Objective C to list of languages with formatters

René J.V. Bertin noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Sep 20 13:48:06 BST 2018

rjvbb added a comment.

  >   C is not a subset of C++ (let me point to Mr. Stroustrup who should know it :)

  I wouldn't call it that either (it'd be degrading for C ;)), but C++ does inherit from C (and was a layer on top of C in its early days, IIRC with a sort of preprocessor).

  In fact, Mr Stroustrup does say basically the same thing:

    Except for a few examples [...], C++ is a superset of C.

  Yes, he also points out that C and C++ can also be siblings, depending on what version you're talking about, but that probably goes beyond the scope of mimetypes.

  > The inheritance in sthe shared-mime-info is actually done as a hacky workaround

  Only? Not also to avoid code duplication?

REPOSITORY
  R32 KDevelop

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D15532