D15450: Sublime: Fix window growing larger by making tool view buttons shrinkable

René J.V. Bertin noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Sep 18 15:19:37 BST 2018

rjvbb added a comment.

  > seems to still lead us here into a situation where only "smallItems" exists?
  >
  >   I would suspect some rounding errors.

  Possibly, but items because of any number of reasons, including the fact they are in fact small, no? You're not wrong that it's a good idea to figure out if the number of small items is determined correctly but I fear (strongly suspect) that it will be necessary anyway to introduce a check if by chance and because of some unforeseen reason there are only small items. Can you guarantee for instance that this will never be the case when the user did a style (or font) change - in my experience there can be artefacts when changing the those properties at runtime?

  > let's catch it at the root :)

  I'd call this the root, and any thing that causes a miscalculation of the number of small items is just a trigger ;)
  After all, there can be 0 small items, but why would it be impossible that there be only small items?

REPOSITORY
  R32 KDevelop

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D15450