D16484: [WIP] Add scratchpad plugin

Amish Naidu noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Oct 29 16:14:30 GMT 2018

amhndu marked 7 inline comments as done.
amhndu added a comment.

  > One thing comes to mind: you kind of require that there is a compiler, while 3 of the 4 languages KDevelop officially supports (PHP, Python and JS) do not use one. I think it would be nice if this plugin would also easily work for e.g. Python snippets.

  That's one of the problems I've had, the command box coupled with your suggestion to have per-scratch config could help somewhat. Is there some kdev interface that would help here or some other solution ?

INLINE COMMENTS

> brauch wrote in CMakeLists.txt:2
> In general I would personally omit this variable step in modern CMake code, there is no reason for it. Just list the sources directly in the command adding the target. If you need them elsewhere, they are easily retrieved with get_target_property().

I've removed the `scratchpad_UI` variable but `scratchpad_SRCS` is used in a few commands, could that also be removed ?

> brauch wrote in scratchpadjob.cpp:52
> I think the i18n calls with the word "scratch" need a context, otherwise translators will not know what's going on here

I'm not sure how to do that. Does this even require i18n ?

> brauch wrote in scratchpadjob.cpp:92
> This is always an internal error, i.e. this plugin doing something wrong. I think it should be presented to the user as such.

"Failed to run scratch: %1" ?

REPOSITORY
  R32 KDevelop

REVISION DETAIL