D16484: [WIP] Add scratchpad plugin

Amish Naidu noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun Oct 28 16:49:06 GMT 2018

amhndu created this revision.
Herald added a project: KDevelop.
Herald added a subscriber: kdevelop-devel.
amhndu requested review of this revision.

REVISION SUMMARY
  Adds a scratchpad plugin, which allows you to keep "scratches" of code/text
  to experiment or quickly run something without the need for a project.
  The plugin adds a new tool-view, which will maintain a list of your scratches
  as well as allowing you to compile and run them.
  The scratches live in the directory `scratches` in the data directory and
  are regular documents so we get all the editing convenience of code-completion
  and diagnostics.
  I've had some trouble with having a portable way to run the scratches as well
  some minor inconveniences I've marked as TODO in the code, so this is a WIP
  currently.

  FEATURE: 176389

TEST PLAN
  Add the tool-view on the left tool bar and try creating and using the scratches.
  Currently no automated tests.

REPOSITORY
  R32 KDevelop

BRANCH