D16356: quickopen: only look for (new/other) function definition if we don't have one

Bernd Buschinski noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun Oct 21 16:48:29 BST 2018

buschinski created this revision.
buschinski added a reviewer: KDevelop.
Herald added a project: KDevelop.
Herald added a subscriber: kdevelop-devel.
buschinski requested review of this revision.

REVISION SUMMARY
  duchainitemquickopen always looks for FunctionDefinition based on the DeclarationId, but we don't need to do that if we already have a FunctionDefinition. This could cause problems if we have multiple (same) definitions.

TEST PLAN
  - create a small cmake (or whatever) project with 3 targets
    - util1.c / util2.c / util3.c (same content):

    #include <stdio.h>
    #include <stdlib.h>

    void configure()
    {
        printf("do stuff in %s\n", __FILE__);
    }

    int main(int argc, char *argv[])
    {
        configure();
        puts("Hello, UTIL!");
        exit(EXIT_SUCCESS);
    }

  - CMakeLists.txt:

    add_executable(util1 util1.c)
    add_executable(util2 util2.c)
    add_executable(util3 util3.c)

  - open util1.c
  - open the outline and select "configure"
  - EXPECTED: it should open the configure in util1.c (or the currently opened file)
  - repeat with util2 and util3
  - ACTUAL: only one of them works, the other two point to the wrong file.

REPOSITORY
  R32 KDevelop

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D16356

AFFECTED FILES
  plugins/quickopen/duchainitemquickopen.cpp