D16218: [KDevelop/Core]: safe signal-handler implementation (WIP)

René J.V. Bertin noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Oct 15 11:51:53 BST 2018

rjvbb added a comment.

  >   If there is no solution which does not require two different code paths for handling this problem, I'm against merging this, non-conformant old behaviour or not, sorry.

  So to repeat myself: if signal handling should work on MS Windows (and safely so) then the QSocketNotifier approach is off the table, in principle. I cannot (and do not want to) be judge of whether MS Windows should be supported here.

  The semaphore-based implementation should be more direct as it doesn't go over the Qt event loop and signal/slot mechanism. That makes me inclined to prefer it.

  I didn't implement a cmake control over `USE_QSOCKETNOTIFIER`, that should have been enough evidence that it wasn't my intention to keep both code paths.

  -----

  So I should basically convert all static CorePrivate members into global statics?

REPOSITORY
  R32 KDevelop

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D16218