D16032: Generate all kdebugsettings .categories files automatically

Aleix Pol Gonzalez noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Oct 11 16:04:56 BST 2018

apol added a comment.

  In D16032#340778 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D16032#340778>, @kossebau wrote:

  > In D16032#340668 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D16032#340668>, @apol wrote:
  >
  > > Considering we're doing our own macro, we can be also more succint. I don't see why we can't have `declare_plugin_qt_logging_category(targetname)`
  > >
  > > You can use `target_sources()` instead of adding it to the variable.
  >

  > You mentioned something about target in an earlier comment. But I still have no idea what you mean here and what should be generated how, could you please give an explicit example, to help aligning my brain with yours? :)

  Does that make sense to you?

    function(declare_plugin_qt_logging_category targetname)
        set(SRCS)
        _declare_qt_logging_category(SRCS
            HEADER debug.h
            IDENTIFIER ${targetname}
            CATEGORY_NAME "kdevelop.plugins.${targetname}"
            EXPORT ${_app_plugin_qt_logging_categories_export_name}
            DESCRIPTION "KDevelop plugin: ${targetname}"
        )

        target_sources(${targetname} PRIVATE ${SRCS})
    endfunction()

  Could possibly be called from `kdevplatform_add_plugin`.

REPOSITORY
  R32 KDevelop

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D16032