parsing C/C++ files not part of a project fails

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Sat Oct 6 10:11:19 BST 2018

Hi,

Something that's been nagging me for a while: parsing a file that is not part of any project fails (for me) because libclang apparently doesn't know about standard system include paths. In fact, that's the case even with files in projects based on simple Makefiles (= everything using autoconf/automake) but at least there you can add custom header paths.

Example: open a simple standalone C or C++ file (for example: http://www.xmailserver.org/timerfd-test2.c) that includes stdio.h and other comparably standard headers. I'm getting "not found" problems for all those headers, and there's no way to fix that until I add the file to a project.

Is this a glaring omission (because most devs only work with q/cmake projects) or a feature?

Thanks,
R.