D8709: Add VcsAnnotationItemDelegate, for control of rendering and tooltip

Friedrich W. H. Kossebau noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Oct 4 15:46:06 BST 2018

kossebau added a comment.

  Thanks everyone for your comments and testing so far.

  To keep things moving and given no objections raised on the related KTextEditor patch D8708 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D8708>, I will now (unless finally objections are raised) push the KTextEditor patch once 5.51 has been tagged upcoming WE, so there are 4 weeks of testing for everyone running master, until the new KTextEditor API becomes published and final.

  And thus would do the same to this patch, push it to master.

  I would have liked to extend the patch before to add some config UI for allowing to control the percentage the annotation border takes from the view, given that people have already raised different opinions about what a proper value would be. Though I feel people might to actually first experience the look and feel of the new annotations, before they have an idea what proper config options would be, alternatively to a Percent Of View Width. So propose to do that as a separate work, and start with 25 % as hardcoded value.

REPOSITORY
  R32 KDevelop

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D8709