D16882: [KDevelop/Shell] prevent duplicate added contextmenu actions

René J.V. Bertin noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Nov 15 18:59:54 GMT 2018

rjvbb added a comment.

  Friedrich W. H. Kossebau wrote on 20181115::17:41:58 re: "D16882 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D16882>: [KDevelop/Shell] prevent duplicate added contextmenu actions"

  >   Please tell, are you not serious about using the CTags plugin and maintaining the integration?

  I cannot tell for sure but it's not something I'll be using every other minute. I am NOT planning to bring it into KDevelop, though; ideally those Kate plugins that make sense in KDevelop would work without having to patch anything outside of those plugins. I'll maintain the code in Kate as long as that remains doable.

  >   I need to know why I should spent my time on reviewing this patch and the related issues.

  Now that I have identified the upstream issue I will be abandoning this patch.

  >   Would you agree that it is surprising to have more than 1 signal per case? So would we agree that this is implicitly given?

  Yes, and probably, and I don't see a use-case for doing things another way but that doesn't exclude the possibility I'm overlooking one.

  >   What do you mean by platform dependent?

  UI events are, by definition.

  >   This bug became now also your bug

  No. My problem, maybe, but not my bug.