Plugin causing duplicate entries in the document context menu

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Mon Nov 12 11:38:42 GMT 2018

Hi,

I've started to notice multiple copies of the context menu items provided by certain plugins since a few days, not sure when exactly this started, see the attached screenshot.

The issue appears when I load the CTags plugin I'm working on (D16779); each time I switch to another (already) open document the set of duplicate items gets another duplicate. The CTags submenu always remains at the top of the list.

Context menu generation is a little complicated so I haven't yet found a spot to put my finger on. It seems to have to do with the fact the plugin uses KXMLGui to manage it's menus(?)
Does anyone more familiar with the architecture have an idea what might be causing this or what I should be looking at? Unloading the CTags plugin does NOT stop the duplication process.

PS: I indeed set the tearOff bit in my build; that's an unrelated change that does not appear to cause this duplication issue.

Thanks for any pointers,
R.