D12746: KDevelop: alternative monolithic storage options for TopDUContexts (WIP/PoC)

René J.V. Bertin noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue May 8 14:25:59 UTC 2018

rjvbb updated this revision to Diff 33823.
rjvbb added a comment.

  This revision brings some code cleanup (including the use of a qresource in the unittest/benchmark) and above all, a signficant performance improvement.
  It turns out that the default LMDB environment uses synchronous I/O. In our case we can take the risk to use async I/O because we would at most lose the last few changes if a crash occurs - and most of the time the entire cache will be deleted after a crash anyway.

  This change makes the LMDB backend almost as fast as the file-based backend on Mac.

CHANGES SINCE LAST UPDATE
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D12746?vs=33778&id=33823

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D12746

AFFECTED FILES
  kdevplatform/language/CMakeLists.txt
  kdevplatform/language/duchain/tests/CMakeLists.txt
  kdevplatform/language/duchain/tests/test_topcontextstore.cpp
  kdevplatform/language/duchain/tests/test_topcontextstore.h
  kdevplatform/language/duchain/tests/topcontextdata.base64
  kdevplatform/language/duchain/topducontextdynamicdata.cpp
  kdevplatform/language/duchain/topducontextdynamicdata.h
  kdevplatform/language/duchain/topducontextdynamicdata_p.cpp
  kdevplatform/language/duchain/topducontextdynamicdata_p.h