rendering issue with Qt 5.9.6?

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Fri Jun 15 19:58:22 UTC 2018

On Friday June 15 2018 20:22:15 René J.V. Bertin wrote:

Hi,

While we wait for moderator approval for the message with image attachment I'll add some description and additional observations:

>I'm upgrading to Qt 5.9.6, and see a rendering issue in KDevelop where document views don't size to the entire parent view width. I'm not getting that in Kate, and a rebuild of KTextEditor (5.42.0) doesn't change anything in this regard. I'm currently rebuilding KDevelop itself but I expect this is a runtime issue, not something related to compile-time constants.
>
>I see this on Mac, with the Cocoa and with the XCB QPA plugin. I haven't yet had the time to build Qt 5.9.6 on my Linux rig.
>
>I don't think I'm patching anything in KDevelop that could cause this, but just in case, where would I start poking to trace the glitch?

What I'm seeing is a document view that is scaled as if the right and bottom docks are expanded (but they aren't; my left dock always shows the project manager). I can restore the proper view by opening the right or bottom dock and then changing its width/height. Idem when I change the left dock width. But as soon as I switch to another document I have to start all over again. It's a bit as if the initial view size calculation uses the information about the docks that is not up-to-date, but curiously it continues to use the wrong information when I resize the entire KDevelop window or toggle fullscreen mode.

This reminds me a little bit of something I could call the "negative" of this glitch: sometimes when I open KDevelop, a bottom dock widget that should be expanded according to its button state is in fact not expanded at all (or else covered by an open document).

Thanks for any pointers...