D9297: Fix #387391: Random responses from the C/C++ language support

Victor Lamoine noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Jul 24 14:06:09 BST 2018

victorl added a comment.

  Just trying to add more information, the background parser fails to parse my ROS projects if the ROS packages (a directory containing a CMakeLists.txt file) are symlinks

  Steps to reproduce

  - Install ROS: http://wiki.ros.org/melodic/Installation/Ubuntu
  - Clone one of my package to your $HOME directory:

    git clone https://gitlab.com/InstitutMaupertuis/topics_rviz_plugin.git $HOME/topics_rviz_plugin

  - Create a catkin workspace with the ROS package as a symlink:

    mkdir -p $HOME/catkin_workspace/src
    cd $HOME/catkin_workspace/src
    catkin_init_workspace
    ln -s ../../topics_rviz_plugin

  - Launch KDevelop from a terminal in which ROS is sourced (usally done in `.bashrc`, see http://wiki.ros.org/melodic/Installation/Ubuntu#melodic.2BAC8-Installation.2BAC8-DebEnvironment.Environment_setup), you can also use `source /opt/ros/*/setup.bash`
  - Import the top level `CMakeLists.txt` (`$HOME/catkin_workspace/src/CMakeLists.txt`)
  - Tweak the import parameters like advised here <https://wiki.ros.org/IDEs#Building_catkin_packages>

  F6134877: Screenshot_20180724_150044.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F6134877>

  - Let the background parser finish (shouldn't take more than a few seconds)
  - Open `topics_rviz_plugin/src/topic_info.cpp` for example, it should be correctly coloured, modify the file (add a whitespace for example) and save, the colours goes away and KDE fails to resolve every ROS include.

  Before editing the file
  =======================

  F6134887: Screenshot_20180724_150241.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F6134887>

  After editing the file

  F6134890: Screenshot_20180724_150248.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F6134890>

  If instead of having a symlink in the catkin workspace (`$HOME/catkin_workspace/src/topics_rviz_plugin`) you put the directory and import the project again, everything works perfectly.
  My conclusion is that the symlink causes the problems but I can be wrong.

REPOSITORY
  R32 KDevelop

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D9297