D13613: RFC: Fix libclang default include paths on FreeBSD.

Gleb Popov noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Jul 3 09:36:27 BST 2018

arrowd added a comment.

  In D13613#286299 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D13613#286299>, @mwolff wrote:

  > Could it be that the issue is that on your system, libc++ and the clang compiler builtin-headers are installed in the same prefix? On Linux at least, that is usually not the case afaik. Thus we didn't run into this issue yet.
  >
  > I mean, compare: https://packages.ubuntu.com/bionic/amd64/libc++-dev/filelist vs. https://packages.ubuntu.com/bionic/amd64/libclang-common-6.0-dev/filelist
  >
  > The clang builtins are in /usr/lib/clang/6.0.0/include
  >  The libc++ headers are in /usr/include/c++/v1/
  >
  > Your last comment seems to indicate that the builtins are also in the latter path on FreeBSD?

  Nope, it is the same as for Ubuntu. libc++ headers are in `/usr/include/c++/v1/` and come with FreeBSD itself, and Clang is installed into `/usr/local/llvm60` prefix. So builtins are in `/usr/local/llvm60/lib/clang/6.0.0/include` and there are no libc++ headers in there.

  In D13613#286339 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D13613#286339>, @aaronpuchert wrote:

  > In D13613#282425 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D13613#282425>, @arrowd wrote:
  >
  > >   clang -ferror-limit=100 -fspell-checking  -Wunused-parameter -Wunreachable-code -Wall -std=c++11 -nostdinc -nostdinc++ -xc++ -isystem/usr/include/c++/v1 -isystem/usr/lib/clang/6.0.0/include -isystem /usr/local/llvm60/lib/clang/6.0.0/include -imacros /tmp/test_problems.zWlSBE /tmp/testfile_HVezBz.cpp
  >

  > Actually we seem to have 2 builtin directories here: `/usr/lib/clang/6.0.0/include` and `/usr/local/llvm60/lib/clang/6.0.0/include`. It looks like the latter comes from a local installation, probably the one used to compile KDevelop. (It's the last argument.) But I'm not sure how this is related to the missing `/usr/include`.

  Hum. I just noticed that `/usr/lib/clang/6.0.0/include` dir. FreeBSD ships with base compiler, which is also Clang and that dir is builtin dir for the base clang. While it shouldn't be there, I doubt it is the cause of the problem.

  > Can you find out why includes.system is (apparently) incomplete on FreeBSD?

  Still working on this.

REPOSITORY
  R32 KDevelop

REVISION DETAIL