D9809: work around bug in kLineEdit

Dan Weatherill noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Jan 11 13:11:42 UTC 2018

dweatherill added a comment.

  In https://phabricator.kde.org/D9809#189240, @mwolff wrote:

  > I don't understand how this fixes the crash. Can you extend the bug report with a better backtrace that contains more symbols? Also, the bug report looks like it's due to a queued signal emission. Which signal is that? And it looks like something withing the kdevplatform project library, how is that related to the compiler selection?

  I will try and produce a more extensive backtrace, yes. The problem amounts to this:
  because kLineEdit emits a spurious "textChanged" signal when calling setText, this causes "compilerEdited" to be called when in fact only the compiler selection has changed, rather than the path edited (in _addition_ to compilerSelected()).

  This extra call of compilerEdited then fires the assert

    Q_ASSERT(!indexes.isEmpty())

  because at this stage, the TreeView has not yet selected the new compiler, resulting in an empty selection index.

REPOSITORY
  R32 KDevelop

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D9809