D9297: Fix #387391: Random responses from the C/C++ language support
Venca B Spam
noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sat Jan 6 08:40:23 UTC 2018
vbspam added a comment.
Thank you for your attention.
>> can you turn the test projects into proper unit tests that can be run in an automated fashion to see what happens here?
I need first learn how to do it, I will let you know when I have something.
You are right, in the meantime I did find that the fix is not solving all my complex test cases. I did some investigation and it looks that sometimes the query for project item resources (https://github.com/vbspam/kdevelop/blob/master/plugins/clang/clangparsejob.cpp#L169) uses absolute and sometimes canonical path representation.
Subjective opinion: I also realized that I do not like the automatic resolving of symbolic links to be presented to the end user as KTextEditor or KATE components are doing (with some example here: https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=387866#c5 which has I believe consequences described in the bug report). This is not suggestion for change, it is just other view. I can understand that KDevelop may have reasons why is doing it this way. I did realized that when I used QtCreator which does not resolve symlinks and I felt this as more comfortable when thinking about the code (no need to draw attention to locations outside the project).
I will go through by you suggested spots in the code to better understand the issue and maybe try to fix it properly.
To: vbspam, #kdevelop, mwolff
Cc: mwolff, brauch, kdevelop-devel, iodelay, vbspam, njensen, geetamc, Pilzschaf, akshaydeo, surgenight, arrowdodger
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the KDevelop-devel