D17255: KDevelop: support for installing into a non-standard parallel prefix

René J.V. Bertin noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Dec 3 09:02:59 GMT 2018

rjvbb added a comment.

  No, it went beyond that: the original underlying principle was "don't assume or hardcode /usr/local anywhere, use whatever install prefix the user specified".

  The default location for new projects used by the cmake plugin is a bit in a category of its own as evident from early feedback on my patch, which is why I now propose NOT to set any default in the code.

  Adding cmake option for this could be of interest but I think it would be even better to add a (toplevel or session-specific) configuration option so the user can indicate where new projects should be installed. That could go right into the Settings/Projects pane, under the "Projects base directory" setting.
  Would be a different diff though.

REPOSITORY
  R32 KDevelop

REVISION DETAIL