D17255: KDevelop: support for installing into a non-standard parallel prefix

René J.V. Bertin noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun Dec 2 21:13:21 GMT 2018

rjvbb added a comment.

  >   On Linux quite possibly too, I think many packaging systems install into some temporary dir and then copy the deployment out of there for archiving.

  That uses `make install DESTDIR=/path/to/distdir`; MacPorts does the same. All this does is prepending `DESTDIR` to `PREFIX`.
  Using the install prefix during the build process isn't that uncommon with autoconf projects, and it is in basically what happens when you build using full rpaths.

  The question is moot if the manpage plugin stops referring to hardcoded paths. But is that plugin even of much use on MS Windows?

REPOSITORY
  R32 KDevelop

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D17255