D17289: KDevelop/Shell: set dedicated TMPDIR

Kevin Funk noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun Dec 2 09:16:15 GMT 2018

kfunk requested changes to this revision.
kfunk added a comment.

  Not usable as-is.

  - You're changing behavior for all of KDevelop, while you only want to fix the Clang backend's behavior. This can lead to subtle side effects. I'm not sure we want this. Not sure how to implement this properly the way we use libclang right now either, without further thought.
  - Why not using `QTemporaryDir` in the first place? Also see patch in QtCreator (https://codereview.qt-project.org/#/c/142566). (Yes, I know QtC usesd libclang out-of-process, we don't. Not relevant here. The interesting bits are the env vars and the `QTemporaryDir` usage.)

  This needs more thought.

REPOSITORY
  R32 KDevelop

REVISION DETAIL