D14288: Initial version of Clazy analyzer plugin

Anton Anikin noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Aug 20 06:27:37 BST 2018

antonanikin marked 28 inline comments as done.
antonanikin added a comment.

  > FWIW: Okular uses the Discount library for reading markdown documents, showing them as HTML. Also Cantor will do so too: D14738 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D14738>: Add the markdown entry.
  >
  > Maybe it'd be a good idea to use it -- there are few options:
  >
  > - make the library a hard dependency for this plugin (which then would not be built if discount is not found
  > - optionally use discount, using this simple fallback otherwise (though with the risk of rotting)
  > - optionally use discount, and show no documentation if not found

  I think about this library before writing current custom parser. It looks good and easy to use but adds extra dependency, especially for AppImage/Windows installer. Since my skills for such installers is clear to zero I decide to skip it at current time. Also if we want to add Clazy plugin into 5.3 release we have some time limits. So I suggest to use current approach before 5.3 release 'as is' and then make another patch for Discount usage instead manual parser.

INLINE COMMENTS

> kossebau wrote in checkswidget.cpp:134
> = default

Ui::ChecksWidget is incomplete type for default destructor.

> kossebau wrote in commandlinewidget.cpp:41
> = default

Ui::CommandLineWidget is incomplete type for default destructor.

> kossebau wrote in projectconfigpage.cpp:126
> = default

JobParameters is incomplete type for default destructor.

> pino wrote in job.cpp:97
> Will this work if the sources are in paths with spaces (eg `/data/my directory/devel/`)?

Oh... Fixed, thanks.

> kossebau wrote in plugin.cpp:251
> Build folder as well?

We may want to check generated files, for example. Or you think we should disable such checking?

> pino wrote in test_clazyjob.cpp:82
> Exactly, it is a runtime dependency: if I build kdevelop and run the test suite with no clazy installed, this test fails. As Friedrich said, a failure means something went wrong, not that an optional tool was not found.

Sorry for not the exact formulation - clazy-standalone is runtime dependency for the plugin (real code analysis). This test will works without this executable - here we test only output and error parsing without executable calls. So should we skip the test when clazy-standalone is missing?

REPOSITORY
  R32 KDevelop

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D14288