Upcoming reorganisation of the CI system

Ben Cooksley bcooksley at kde.org
Tue Aug 14 14:03:42 BST 2018

Hi all,

Currently CI jobs are all created within a flat namespace, meaning
that it is quite difficult to view the overall status of an individual
project. Additionally, it creates the issue that the main default view
can take a significant amount of time to load.

To resolve this we intend to shift everything within Folders in
Jenkins. These folders will be structured in the form of Product /
Project / <all platform and branch builds for that project>

If this creates issues for anyone, or if anyone has any questions
regarding this, please let me know.

At this stage it is intended that we will keep all build history for
jobs on the system (although downtime will be needed in order to allow
for the changeover).

Thanks,
Ben Cooksley
KDE Sysadmin