D14731: Use "gmake" command in custommake plugin on FreeBSD. Fixes unit test.

Friedrich W. H. Kossebau noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Aug 13 21:03:12 BST 2018

kossebau accepted this revision.
kossebau added a comment.

  In D14731#306461 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D14731#306461>, @arrowd wrote:

  > It turned out that BSD make just don't need that flag, so add it conditionally.

  Okay.

  > Would it still make sense on FreeBSD to try `findExecutable("gmake")` first and use that if found?

  Not sure.  If the normal make of FrreeBSD does anything that is needed here to estimate the include dirs, things should be fine as it is.

INLINE COMMENTS

> makefileresolver.cpp:99
> +#ifndef Q_OS_FREEBSD
> +      QLatin1String noPrintDirFlag = QLatin1String(" --no-print-directory");
> +#else

Please add a comment saying why this is needed, e.g.

  // GNU make implicitly enables "-w" for sub-makes, we don't want that

REPOSITORY
  R32 KDevelop

BRANCH
  custommake