D13905: Fix KTextEditor::MainWindow to outlive the KTextEditor::View objects

Friedrich W. H. Kossebau noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sat Aug 11 11:37:37 BST 2018

kossebau added a comment.

  In D13905#306476 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D13905#306476>, @arrowd wrote:

  > It seems, after this change the test `ktexteditorpluginintegration` started to fail: https://build.kde.org/view/KDevelop/job/KDevelop%20kdevelop%20kf5-qt5%20FreeBSDQt5.10/57/testReport/junit/(root)/TestSuite/test_ktexteditorpluginintegration/

  Yes. This is due to some chained deleteLater() calls which now make the mainwindow wrapper object outlive things one more cycle than what the text expected. I am running kdevelop locally with some patch to shorten that chain since then, but not yet uploaded as patch, as I had no time yet to explore the whole picture where any deleteLater()s might still be wanted.

  Guess I should though simply flag this as expectfail for now, so the test results are not shadowed otherwise. Will do a patch right now.

  For a related other failing test see also https://phabricator.kde.org/D12527#300105 On my radar as well, should finally end my patch testing phase and go public with it.

REPOSITORY
  R32 KDevelop

REVISION DETAIL