D14731: Use "gmake" command in custommake plugin on FreeBSD. Fixes unit test.

Gleb Popov noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Aug 10 15:44:04 BST 2018

arrowd added a comment.

  In D14731#306210 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D14731#306210>, @kossebau wrote:

  > Yay for more unit test fixes :)
  >
  > Though... why does this change fix the unit test exactly? Without knowing more details, I am surprised that one cannot use the normal "make".

  The `make` coming with FreeBSD is BSD one, it doesn't support some GNU extensions.

  > "gmake" does not occur elsewhere as string, so why is this needed here, and why not elsewhere as well (not sure if there are other direct calls of the "make" tool).

  Haven't found other "make" uses. And it fixed the test, after all.

  > Does the call rely on some GNU make features?  If so, that should be added at least as comment in the code, so it is clear why plain "make" does not work.

  `MakeFileResolver::resolveIncludePathInternal` calls make with `--no-print-directory` flag, which isn't supported by BSD make.

  > Also, is "gmake" part of the normal FreeBSD system? Or would we need to check first this exists in the runtime?

  It is not, but what we can do if there is no `gmake`? Lets just require packagers to install gmake along with KDevelop.

REPOSITORY
  R32 KDevelop

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D14731