D14479: Store sizeof and friends as numbers instead of comment.

Aaron Puchert noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Aug 6 23:11:31 BST 2018

aaronpuchert added a comment.

  Nice. Having this information better structured and accessible is definitely a good thing!

INLINE COMMENTS

> classmemberdeclaration.cpp:32-34
> +    , m_sizeOf(-1)
> +    , m_bitOffsetOf(-1)
> +    , m_alignOf(-1)

Maybe you should document somewhere that -1 means that no information is available.

> classmemberdeclarationdata.h:40
> +  int64_t m_bitOffsetOf;
> +  int64_t m_alignOf;
>    bool m_isStatic: 1;

If we want to reduce the storage space required,  we could use that alignment is always a power of two and only store the exponent. Since int64_t can store values up to 2^63-1, we need 6 bits for the exponent.

REPOSITORY
  R32 KDevelop

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D14479