D12220: [RFC] Beautify declaration navigation context by parsing doxygen commands

Julian Wolff noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Apr 16 10:40:51 UTC 2018

progwolff added a comment.

  In D12220#247155 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D12220#247155>, @mwolff wrote:

  > I'm very unsure about this. On one hand, this obviously looks better in your screenshots. On the other hand, what if we encounter comments that are formatted with some other syntax?

  Do you have examples for comments in a different syntax? I only know javadoc, which is quite similar.
  Maybe there is a way to add the proposed functionality to the clang backend instead. This way we could be sure that the comments we parse are always doxygen comments.

  > Most notably consider how your code would lead to broken HTML quite easily, e.g. when only part of a match is encountered (such as only `\f\[` but no `\f\]`).

  I might fix this by applying the Regex on the whole comment instead of single lines.

  > Furthermore, you are introducing untranslatable strings that may be odd when rendered (e.g. when the comment is actually German or such).

  In german language conversations between colleagues I usually hear phrases like "Die Funktion return't einen integer" more often than "Die Funktion gibt eine Ganzzahl zurück". I see your point, but I don't consider it that critical. Most programming languages have english keywords anyway.

  > If at all, then I would say we should keep the doxygen strings and just apply formatting, but not change any string conents. So `@see` will be rendered as **@see**, instead of **See also:**

  How about making this feature optional with the states "don't parse doxygen comments", "parse doxygen comments, but keep commands", "parse doxygen comments replacing commands"?

REPOSITORY
  R32 KDevelop

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D12220