topcontexts

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Tue Apr 10 07:38:17 UTC 2018

Hi,

I saw a comment in the topcontexts implementation file how the mmap'ping feature could be problematic on some platforms because there are really  lots of maps made. Has this feature ever been benchmarked (in recent times and "in situ")?

I #undef'ed USE_MMAP to see what difference it made and on Mac at least I don't think I'd be able to tell the with and without versions apart in a double blind test, performance wise (with the topcontexts directory in place, evidently). The memory footprint might be smaller but that shouldn't be by an amount larger than `du /path/to/topcontexts`, should it?

Thanks,
R.