SOVERSION=52 commit

Kevin Funk kfunk at kde.org
Fri Sep 29 11:08:41 UTC 2017

On Friday, 29 September 2017 12:17:08 CEST René J.V. Bertin wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I did a simple, incremental build + install after commit
> 514036de3149b3dce4ec4a56fcb24d39a305388a and get errors like
>
> dlsym: can't open
> /opt/local/share/qt5/plugins/kdevplatform/30/kdevdocumentview.so
> (libKDevPlatformUtil.so.10: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
> directory)
>
> Apparently not everything got rebuild/relinked. Is that to be expected?

Indeed, didn't notice.

That's because ECM sets CMAKE_LINK_DEPENDS_NO_SHARED. If that's set, and a
CMake target has both VERSION & SOVERSION set, then just changing the
SOVERSION won't causing dependent targets to be relinked. Bumping the VERSION
helps, though.

That's what I did here:

commit affee52f10dd990cd38c55da625fd88c77cb5e12
Author: Kevin Funk <kfunk at kde.org>
Date:   Fri Sep 29 13:03:27 2017 +0200

    Bump patch version to complete SOVERSION update

    Because ECM sets CMAKE_LINK_DEPENDS_NO_SHARED, plugins are not
    automatically relinked when just the SOVERSION is changed. Thus bump
    the patch version => this triggers a relink.

Thanks,
Kevin