D7995: KDevelop: address dirwatching inefficiency (WIP/PoC)

Milian Wolff noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Sep 27 14:12:15 UTC 2017

mwolff added a subscriber: kfunk.
mwolff added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> rjvbb wrote in abstractfilemanagerplugin.cpp:297
> Please be more specific exactly what I have to remove and what loop you're referring to. There are 2 columns with line numbers I can choose from.
>
> Are you saying this won't make it into 5.2? As a Mac user and thus concerned directly by the current inefficiency that would cool off my enthusiasm to invest in this significantly.

actually, ignore the part about a separate patch, now that I re-read the old code I finally understand what it's doing - it adds a new folder or file item when none exists. So this is an atomic change after all, keep it as-is.

And yes, in my opinion this cannot target 5.2, considering @kfunk and @brauch want to release 5.2 soon. Landing such a big change shortly before release is never a good idea.

I honestly cannot understand your reasoning though. If you want to help out with KDevelop development, you have to target master. It's as simple as that.

> rjvbb wrote in abstractfilemanagerplugin.cpp:409
> direct commit or review first? I'd prefer the former, evidently.

yes, direct commit is fine, but now that you access the watcher multiple times, ensure you cleanup the code:

  auto watcher = m_watchers.value(folder->project());
  Q_ASSERT(watcher);
  if (!watcher->restartDirScan(path)) {
      // warning + comment
      watcher->addDir(path);