D7745: KDevelop (full) project parsing: defer until all projects have been loaded.

René J.V. Bertin noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Sep 26 16:28:38 UTC 2017

rjvbb updated this revision to Diff 19945.
rjvbb edited the summary of this revision.
rjvbb added a comment.

  I'm reopening this. The patch still contains the code for import timing that I consider temporary and of use only during the review process. I'm aware it complexifies the main change, which isn't very complicated at all.

  There may not be a significant benefit to deferring the start of the full project parse under normal circumstances on the overall import duration for all projects. The import times for the 2nd, 3rd etc. project do decrease for obvious reasons, meaning that the session is ready to go a bit sooner.

  Deferring a resource-intensive feature also makes work on the efficiency of the preceding import easier.

REPOSITORY
  R32 KDevelop

CHANGES SINCE LAST UPDATE
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D7745?vs=19328&id=19945

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D7745

AFFECTED FILES
  kdevplatform/shell/projectcontroller.cpp