D7952: [WIP] make KDevelop::Path work with canonical representations

Milian Wolff noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Sep 26 11:22:33 UTC 2017

mwolff added a comment.

  Because Path is a generic data structure. Doing it at the place where it's being used allows this feature to be handled in a much faster way for the common case. The UDSEntry from a KIO list job e.g. knows if something is a symlink already and we can then canonicalize the path as needed. Your patch would add the overhead of this duplicate check to every user.

  I claim that we simply haven't yet fully understood why something breaks for you (cf. my last comment to https://phabricator.kde.org/D7930). As such, adding a workaround on such a low level is not the correct fix, it's simply a workaround.

REPOSITORY
  R32 KDevelop

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D7952