D7947: Fix crash when closing dock widgets from within the widget

Friedrich W. H. Kossebau noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun Sep 24 21:36:04 UTC 2017

kossebau added a comment.

  In https://phabricator.kde.org/D7947#148654, @kfunk wrote:

  > @kossebau You just added this parent -- do you think this is the correct fix?

  Hmpf... and I thought I had tested all menus after that other crash i introduced with those QMenu-on-Wayland support fixes.

  A proper fix would be needed in Qt, to separate memory management and visual relationship. Until that exists, reverting my parent addition should be fine for now. There aren't yet many people if any running KDevelop on Wayland (and this was just a blind fix done following guides).

  > In any case, this fix should've probably gone to 5.2 branch(?)

  Very possibly yes.

REPOSITORY
  R32 KDevelop

REVISION DETAIL