D7930: Kdevelop CMake plugin : use canonical paths to build.dir

René J.V. Bertin noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sat Sep 23 00:33:20 UTC 2017

rjvbb added a comment.

  The issue with the debug.h header confusion (for lack of a better word)? My patch of the cmake plugin isn't causing it, I agree. The attached patch of KDevelop::Path is involved somehow, in my case at least but indeed that doesn't mean it's the cause.

  I'll try to see if it triggers the issue in other projects too, which don't have symlinks in their paths. Does KDevelop use symlinks in its working directories anywhere?

  On a side-note, I must say I'm surprised that KDE projects get away so well with `#include "debug.h"` supposed to include different headers. That's usually asking for trouble given how you cannot control which -I/-isystem apply to what headers. Ultimately this looks like a build system design issue, not a parser issue.

REPOSITORY
  R32 KDevelop

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D7930