"file has uncommitted local changes" indication, e.g. in the project toolview

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Fri Sep 22 09:50:40 UTC 2017

Hi,

KDevelop has an indicator for files with unsaved changes, but what about an indicator if a file has local, uncommitted changes? Would that be hard to implement so it can work with all supported VCS types and be displayed in an appropriate location?

Xcode prints an M to the right of file entries with pending changes in its project list view (and possibly other indicators for instance for non-staged files) and I find this quite useful. In KDevelop I'd rather think of labelling the document icon.
Having some kind of labelling in the document tab could be useful too, allowing to determine at a glance whether you might be done with a given file or still working on it, when cleaning up a session that accumulated too many open files. The tab text could be underlined or put in bold, for instance.