D7930: Kdevelop CMake plugin : use canonical paths to build.dir

Aleix Pol Gonzalez noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Sep 21 23:45:33 UTC 2017

apol requested changes to this revision.
apol added a comment.

  Which part of the system doesn't work if there are symlinks?

  Also adding a bool argument is just bad API, makes code harder to read and bound to fail.

  If you're sure this is required (I'm not) instead of adding the clunky API, please create a `canonicalizePath` method or similar.

INLINE COMMENTS

> cmakepreferences.cpp:339
>
> -    Path removedPath = CMake::currentBuildDir( m_project );
> +    // would we ever want to delete anything other than the actual directory
> +    // (in case the user-specified path contains symlinks)?!

Are you trying to confuse whoever wants to read this code again?

REPOSITORY
  R32 KDevelop

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D7930