building KDevelop with ccache - reliable?

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Thu Sep 21 08:43:14 UTC 2017

Hi,

Another quick question: has anyone ever experienced issues building KDevelop with ccache?

I'm beginning to discover it and am positively surprised of the speed-up it can give. Reverting and reapplying my all my local patches will cause an almost complete rebuild of the source tree. With ccache that takes just over 7 minutes on my slow Linux rig (with a locate db update running!); a full rebuild without ccache takes more than 1 hour on the same machine (when otherwise idle).

Impressive (for such a small and simple program) and very appreciable, but only if thing that need rebuilding still get rebuild.

R.