D7742: KDevelop projects: optional use of KDirWatch and defer it and parser start to after project loading

René J.V. Bertin noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Sep 19 21:59:55 UTC 2017

rjvbb added a comment.

  Yeah, right, all the way down to the OS and retro-actively so that everyone who cannot run the latest version benefits?

  Nothing in my current proposal is hacky, it simply prioritises things (dirwatching and parsing are of less importance than the project itself) and gives users the opportunity to opt out of something they may consider too expensive.

  I don't believe I can improve QFSW significantly, believing otherwise would be arrogance but by all means, go ahead and prove me wrong.

  I may be tempted to play with FSEvents, but if that's to improve an apparently crucial KDevelop feature I'll be skipping the mess in kdirwatch.cpp and leverage the API directly.

REPOSITORY
  R32 KDevelop

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D7742