D7745: KDevelop (full) project parsing: defer until all projects have been loaded.

Sven Brauch noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sat Sep 16 10:09:14 UTC 2017

brauch added a comment.

  I just poked around a bit myself. It indeed takes ages to import the project, and I couldn't figure out why ... it is certainly not CPU load. I looked in perf, the CPU time spent in importing the project is quite low.
  In fact, the code model generation (which seems to be the last step in the import AFAIU) finishes relatively quickly here (after something like 5 seconds), but then it still takes like 30 seconds for the import to finish. I don't know where that time is spent.

  This is a bug, something is waiting too long for something else. Let's find the bug instead of introducing checkboxes to work around it.

REPOSITORY
  R32 KDevelop

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D7745