v5.1.40 tag?

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Sat Sep 16 09:45:06 UTC 2017

Hi,

I use project git tags and `git describe` for my package versioning. KDevelop's 5.2 branch was never yet tagged. I just tried to do

git tag v5.1.40 -m "Release 5.1.40" 6124c1319cc26dd61888aa8ed69b99ff7d44723a

so I can use something less obfuscated than 5.1.2.15137 as the package version for the 5.2 branch. I've done this kind of retro-active operation before for other projects (Konsole, for instance) but here it somehow doesn't have the intended effect. The tag is set, but the `git describe` result doesn't change. What am I missing, and maybe someone could do this in the central repo?

Thanks,
René