bringing back the lost per-project cmake executable setting

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Fri Sep 15 09:28:45 UTC 2017

[Attn Aleix]

In #b9a74648, Aleix thought to improve the cmake executable settings by making the setting kdevelop-wide. It's a real pity this didn't go through a patch review as I'd have a few words to say about it...

Now if memory serves me well from the time I implemented the per-project CMake configuration settings, there was already a global setting for CMake. Maybe not of the binary, but if I made that setting per-project it wasn't just lazyness but also because I actually see justification for being able to specify this at a project level. I often have sessions where one project may use a bare-bones cmake, and another project a cmake wrapper or simply a cmake from another prefix that has different built-in search paths.

I agree that having the possibility to configure a default value for this parameter (that overrides the hardcoded default) can be useful. It could be even more useful to make that a session-level parameter as already suggested in the commit message. But I'd *really* like to bring back project-level override. The UI is still there, and that particular UI is normally hidden so it's not like this will add additional clutter.

I'll be looking into this but being new to the 5.2 branch and reorganised code structure (which probably makes it impossible to revert the commit) I wouldn't a little bit of a helping hand.  ("you broke it, you fix it", eh ;))

Thanks,
R.