Restructuring the kdevelop.git folder layout

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Wed Sep 13 11:51:25 UTC 2017

On Wednesday September 13 2017 13:10:10 Aleix Pol wrote:

>IMHO, we shouldn't kill the library. I also don't think we want to
>promote it much at the moment.

The question is more to what extent the library (collection of, rather) is to keep its vocation to be usable by other projects. If that's the case there should probably be a way to build it without building all of kdevelop, and ideally some easy way to identify which directories belong that what "subproject". The KDevPlatform plugins could have been moved from kdevplatform/plugins/foo to plugins/kdevplatform/foo for instance.

>We need it for plugins at least and that's enough reason.

Was there ever an intention to "kill the library"? I took this for a reorganisation of the source tree, not of the internal dependency structure.

R.