D7742: KDevelop projects : make use of KDirWatch optional

René J.V. Bertin noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Sep 8 22:39:03 UTC 2017

rjvbb added a comment.

  >   Maybe just disable dirwatchers in simplified parsing mode?

  I don't know (yet) what that is, but dirwatchers and parsing are 2 different things. The (clang) parser runs in the background, does only a single run and can (could?) be interrupted.

  Parsing a project like GCC will undoubtedly take a long time, but most files seem to be relatively small (and often written in C which seems cheaper to parse). Parsing it completely might not be as impossible as one might fear. And then there's the fact that dirwatchers don't work properly on Mac (what about MS Windows?). So no, I don't think one should couple the options.

REPOSITORY
  R32 KDevelop

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D7742