KDevelop vs PyCharm

Sven Brauch mail at svenbrauch.de
Fri Sep 8 09:39:33 UTC 2017

On 08/09/17 07:17, Adrian Chaves wrote:
> As promised :)

Great list, thanks a lot. I'll attach it again for the ML. Very useful.
Let me quickly comment on a few things:

Ctrl+Click on imports: Annoys me as much as you. I wanted to fix it for
ages.

String literal line breaking: Never thought about it, good feature idea

Renaming shortcut: that works here, though the rename action is listed
under "c++ support". It might be one of the things where the action is
provided by the c++ plugin only but works for all of them ...

Incomplete highlighting: this is probably one of the things which are
hardest to improve, sorry :/

Highlighting other languages in strings: I'd love to have that, not only
for regex but also for SQL and such. I'm not sure how to detect it,
though. For all you know "Hello." could be a regex, or not ...

Sessions: there's actually a five-year-old commented block of code to
close the active session when you open a new one with a comment that
it's more complicated than that and disabled "for now" *grin*

Switching module / package: what exactly does that do? just rename
foo.py to foo/__init__.py?

Freeze during deleting a folder: we should look into that.

Thank you very much again, this is very useful feedback!
Best,
Sven