building 5.2/master branch with 5.1.2 installed?

Kevin Funk kfunk at kde.org
Wed Sep 6 14:55:17 UTC 2017

On Wednesday, 6 September 2017 16:01:48 CEST Milian Wolff wrote:
> On Mittwoch, 6. September 2017 15:00:59 CEST René J.V. Bertin wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Quick question, just to avoid discovering all kinds of weird subtleties by
> > trial and error. Can one build the 5.2 (or master) branch with its
> > "embedded" KDevPlatform with KDevPlatform 5.1.2 installed or is this "not
> > supported"?

We're talking about installing into the same prefix, right?

Obviously that won't work as you'd be overwriting each others files. The
installation layout for the files installed by the 'embedded' kdevplatform
have not changed.

In general: Different versions of KDevelop are not co-installable when put in
one prefix.

Regards,
Kevin