D7930: Kdevelop CMake plugin : use canonical paths to build.dir

René J.V. Bertin noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Oct 24 06:50:21 UTC 2017

rjvbb added a comment.

  > Then play with symlink structure in a QTemporaryDir to replicate your erroneous setup. Finally call CMakeManager::buildDirectory and ensure it returns "the right thing"

  I'll try to figure out how in due time. I'm still convinced that this will just be a contrived, "circumvolitious" way of testing QFileInfo::canonicalFilePath(), possibly combined with Qt's function for changing the working directory. If I read you correctly the test will be looking at a black box where it inputs a path with symlinks and then compares the output with the result of running canonicalFilePath() on that same input (hardwired or not). Except that the box isn't that black when testing with CmakeManager::canonicalBuildDirectory() because we *know* that it calls the QFileInfo function inside.

  Same reasoning with a CMakeManaer::buildDirectory() that always returns canonicalised paths, if you think it should do that. I don't disagree with that idea btw (would make the patch simpler but probably also make its effects visible and irreversible as if on an OS where canonicalisation occurs somewhere in the system).

REPOSITORY
  R32 KDevelop

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D7930