D8211: KDevelop/Documentation : implementation of a QTextBrowser-based viewer

René J.V. Bertin noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Oct 19 21:45:00 UTC 2017

rjvbb added a comment.

  >   Sorry but it has to be you to test this, as the other persons interested in this build option seem to have no time.

  Let's see if someone steps up, then.

  It'll just be to confirm that documentation links open in the user's web browser, as that's what the `HelpViewer::setSource()` override currently dictates.
  IIRC I took that shortcut when I understood that QTB won't do any remote fetching. In fact, isUrlSchemeSupported() method is called something like `isLocalUrl()` in the Assistant code.

  >   Then with newer doxygen version the default CSS results in unreadable titles e.g. on method sections. Which makes the docs rather unusable.

  Then please post screenshots because I don't see any of that.
  The contextual help popups already use QTB, do you see any issues with those?

  >   The screenshot of the ECM docs linked above shows that content is rendered, indeed. But really, does it qualify as "fine"? Please take another look and even more try to make use of the document during development.

  It's more than good enough for me - if I use the embedded doc toolview. By now it should be clear that I don't, most of the time, but instead send the links to open to a remote-controlled Assistant copy.

  I build everything myself, including the documentation (using doxygen 1.8.13 which is the latest as far as I can see).

  R.

REPOSITORY
  R32 KDevelop

REVISION DETAIL