D8211: KDevelop/Documentation : implementation of a QTextBrowser-based viewer

René J.V. Bertin noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Oct 11 23:29:22 UTC 2017

rjvbb added a comment.

  Not specifically, but I can guess now that I know it doesn't affect me only.

  Most links in QHC documentation appear to be relative, and must thus be resolved w.r.t. the URL of the current document. QTextBrowser can't do that, and I thus had to overload QTextBrowser::loadResource() in the QtHelp plugin to take care of that resolving. (loadResource() gets called after using QTextBrowser::setSource().)

  Something similar must be going on with QtWebKit: clicking a link probably produce an error which is simply being ignored.

  It's surprising though, why would QtWebKit support qhelp: URLs but not resolving relative links against them?

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D8211