D8211: KDevelop/Documentation : support using QTextBrowser (WIP/PoC)

René J.V. Bertin noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Oct 10 16:24:37 UTC 2017

rjvbb updated this revision to Diff 20575.
rjvbb added a comment.

  Updated patch which drops the callback in favour of a virtual StandardDocumentationView::loadResource() method that can be overridden (e.g. by QtHelpDocumentationView::loadResource()).

  In addition this revision splits out the QTextBrowser implementation from standarddocumentationview.cpp into standarddocumentationview_qtb.cpp and divides the former file into a section with shared code and a section with the WebKit/WebEngine code. Evidently that part could go into its own file too.

  I tested the build using WebKit as the backend with and without my patch (not with the very latest version) and didn't notice any difference. I do notice that it won't follow most (if not all) links in the documentation (also without my patch), is there something wrong with my build there?

CHANGES SINCE LAST UPDATE
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D8211?vs=20536&id=20575

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D8211

AFFECTED FILES
  kdevplatform/documentation/CMakeLists.txt
  kdevplatform/documentation/standarddocumentationview.cpp
  kdevplatform/documentation/standarddocumentationview.h
  kdevplatform/documentation/standarddocumentationview_p.h
  kdevplatform/documentation/standarddocumentationview_qtb.cpp
  plugins/qthelp/CMakeLists.txt
  plugins/qthelp/qthelpdocumentation.cpp
  plugins/qthelp/qthelpdocumentation.h
  plugins/qthelp/tests/CMakeLists.txt