D3673: Outline: Sorted function list

David Nolden noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Oct 9 14:21:49 UTC 2017

zwabel added a comment.

  Hi guys, I propose that we disable the sorting again, because it breaks the local browsing by keyboard usecase, i.e. you're in a function, you press CTRL+ALT+N, the current function is selected and you see the surround functions, you push up/down to jump to adjacent functions. This is what this keyboard based outline is mainly useful for.

  For bug: 319404 which was addressed by this, I just discovered that we already have the outline sidebar, which has a button at the top to enable alphanumerical sorting. That seems to exactly address the issue of the requester, so why should his keyboard-controlled outline be sorted as well?

REPOSITORY
  R33 KDevPlatform

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D3673